Traverse Enhancement

10-21-2010 10:11 AM
MichaelHillig1
New Contributor III
 Can we please have an enhancement regarding the Traverse Window!!!!!!!  

My first request would be to change the default values for our choices.  Every edit session, I open the Traverse Window, switch to Tangent Curve and have to change Chord to Radius, and Radius to Arc.  The same goes for Curve.  If you can't change the defaults, can we save the settings as part of a personal editing template?

Another request is switching from Tangent Curve, to Direction/Distance, back to Curve, etc., etc.  I am typing and entering numbers with the keypad and I don't want to have to select with a mouse.  Sure, I can go back with the keypad, make my selection, then move forward again through the cells to fill in the data, but this is toooo long a process.  How about a toggle to switch from one type to another.  Alt+C=Curve, Alt+D=Direction/Distance, etc.

Next request.  You can select which type of traverse you want, then select chord or radius, etc., then you finally enter the value.  Once I set Chord to Radius, and Radius to Arc, does the tab key have to go to these cells again??
Let's skip the settings and go straight to entering the values. Then when you Add, it goes straight to the cells that need new values.

Lastly, when you finish your traverse, you have an option to save.  You also can adjust to close any small gaps at the end.  But if make the adjustment, you can no longer save.  It is now entered.  If you did save, you save the original traverse, but the gap you want to close is still present.  Can we please have the option to save an "Adjusted Traverse".

Thanks for any input you have towards these ideas.
2 Comments
TiffanyPuett1
For your second request, I use the NUM Lock key to turn on the arrow keys and I can switch back and forth from curves to lines fairly easily. But I like your ideas!
AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: Closed

This idea pertains to ArcMap.

There are no plans to enhance the ArcMap functionality.