Saving a traverse: retain line layers

03-25-2021 10:31 AM
KokoF
by
New Contributor II

I'm working on a subdivision that involves several layers. Midway through a traverse, I exported a traverse from Pro (to use as a save point) and then later I found there was an error since it did not close. I started over and imported the saved traverse, however none of the line layers were retained. It would be great if the line layers could be retained/saved so I wouldn't have to individually change each line layer.

3 Comments
DanielStone

Good day.   Could you help me to understand your request?  With the traverse tool you pick which layer receives the COGO lines (See screen snapshot below)

traverse tool.png

How are you entering the different line layers?  

AmirBar-Maor

We have no intention at this time to modify the structure of the ArcMap Traverse TXT file.

In ArcMap saving to a TXT file was the only way to "save edits" halfway through a traverse because it used a sketch. It was also the only way to modify a traverse down the road if an error was detected.

In Pro, every line is saved as a feature, so you do not have to save TXT files to save your edits. You can also modify a traverse by tracing it and can isolate to a specific record using the 'Show Only Active Record' button.

As for the idea, a traverse is imported to the line layer that is set in the traverse pane. If you want to have additional attributes maintained, It would be better to export features to a file geodatabase and then append them: any matching fields and values will be appended.

AmirBar-Maor
Status changed to: Closed

Closing the idea:

1. No clarifications provided
  2. No other users found value in it