why did Arcgis.com go down

Jump to solution
03-20-2018 09:15 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Last year it was down almost a day. No failover for AWS. What happened this time??  It just came back for us, down about 11:15 - 12:15 EST.

18 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This statement is also available at ArcGIS Online Service Disruption | ArcGIS Blog 

If there are any updates to the message they will be reflected in the blog.

0 Kudos
Brad_S_SSMC
New Contributor

Mark Bockenhauer

Mark,

Thank you for posting this information.  In your comment, you mentioned no data was lost.  Two of our satellite offices confirmed lost data in addition to downtime.  As an FYI, I put in a call to tech support to provide a report.  They have not called back.  

The Dashboard is helpful to indicate a problem, but it is difficult to tell how often it is updated.  Looks like at least once a day.  

Can you expand on how you know there was no data loss?  If edits in online services are real time, then is data loss due to a bad connection, where the data does not appear upon web page refresh?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you please message me your case number. We will definitely need to investigate any potential data loss and I can expedite the case.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Does the AGOL Health Dashboard work off the same AWS servers?  If so, wouldn't this mean that the AGOL Health Dashboard is down so you cannot see directly that AGOL services are down during the event?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Michael,

The ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard is hosted on completely separate infrastructure from our other services to ensure that we can keep this tool current and up-to-date in case of widespread issues.

Let us know if you have any questions,

-Kelly

GastonJonquières
New Contributor II

What is a Health Dashboard?

What is the meaning of widespread issues?

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

De: Katie Cullen

Enviado: martes, 27 de marzo de 2018 17:45

Para: Gaston Jonquières

Asunto: Reply marked as helpful on why did Arcgis.com go down

GeoNet

Katie Cullen marked Kelly Gerrow's reply on why did Arcgis.com go down as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

Hi Michael,

The ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard is hosted on completely separate infrastructure from our other services to ensure that we can keep this tool current and up-to-date in case of widespread issues.

Let us know if you have any questions,

-Kelly

Following why did Arcgis.com go down in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

---

El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de virus.

https://www.avast.com/antivirus

0 Kudos
GastonJonquières
New Contributor II

What is Amazon got to do with ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ArcGIS Online runs thru Amazon Web Services - see image from my post Mar 21st above...the last part of the "from" path is "amazonaws.com".

GastonJonquières
New Contributor II

Thank you. I am over whelmed by the numerous sources, servers and terms of the web, now that I am a newcomer to ArcGIS Online.

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

De: Rebecca Strauch, GISP

Enviado: lunes, 26 de marzo de 2018 11:22

Para: Gaston Jonquières

Asunto: Reply marked as helpful on why did Arcgis.com go down

GeoNet

Rebecca Strauch, GISP marked Deborah Huber's reply on why did Arcgis.com go down as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

ArcGIS Online runs thru Amazon Web Services - see image from my post Mar 21st above...the last part of the "from" path is "amazonaws.com".

Following why did Arcgis.com go down in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

---

El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de virus.

https://www.avast.com/antivirus

0 Kudos