Select to view content in your preferred language

Vector Polygon vs Basic Polygon - Intermittent selection issues on hosted feature layer

a month ago
Labels (2)
MattReeves_SpokaneValley
New Contributor III

I wanted to put this out there in case anyone else was having a similar issue or might in the future.  I had published a hosted polygon feature layer from ArcGIS Pro (3.2.2) to ArcGIS Online. However I had my symbology setup, this particular feature was published as a Vector Polygon.  I was having an issue whereby click events were intermittently not being recognized within the polygon layer in the WebMap.  It seemed like this was occurring to the bigger polygon features within the layer, but there was not really a rhyme or reason to why some polygons were highlighting and selecting and some weren't.  After I switched the symbology via the WebMap on ArcGIS Online to a Basic Polygon, I no longer was having any intermittent selection issues with this particular dataset.  

I had been fighting with this for quite some time, so I thought it might be useful to post something about this, if it saves the next guy any time. 

Matt Reeves
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

If you have a repro case that you can share I can look into it.

0 Kudos