Select to view content in your preferred language

url to ArcGIS Online Web Mapping App does not open app on all iPhones

07-24-2018 03:14 PM
WilmaRobertson
Occasional Contributor

I used ArcGIS Online to create a web mapping application and shared the URL with various iPhone users in my organization. The link works well on nearly all iPad and iPhones, except for one where - instead of showing the mapping app -  it defaults to the "My Content" page on ArcGIS online.  The person logged into this iPhone is, like all the people logged into this app using their iPhones, not the author of the map but rather a member of the group that the app is shared with. Has anyone experienced this?  Is there a setting on the iPhone that may prevent it from just displaying the mapping application?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

If that same user tries to open the map in the browser, does it work?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-cG6kwoOmwE3T
Deactivated User

I'm having this exact same issue and have found no work around. Very frustrating. When typing in our city's home page Kirklandwa.maps.arcgis.com and the user signs in to see what maps have been shared with them (not the owner), it defaults to the 'My Content' page even though the default set for the user is the Gallery page. Then there is nothing in the 'My Content' page since the user is just a viewer and they have not created any content. No issues with the ipad or desktop as they default correctly to the Gallery page. This is just an issue with the mobile devices when trying to get to the home or gallery page by default when typing in the city's kirklandwa.maps.arcgis.com. The  direct URL to the map application and not the city's ArcGIS online home page works, but would prefer for them to use the link to the city's ArcGIS online home page to access all of the other map applications that they have access to.

0 Kudos