Update AGO Dashboard from Portal .json

06-02-2020 05:01 AM
JustinWolff
Occasional Contributor

We stood up a Dashboard reporting COVID-19 data a few months ago and are regularly being asked to apply significant changes, which require republishing services and updating the map utilized by the Dashboard. This ultimately requires significant time to rebuild the Dashboard to look at the new, updated source web map.  We can't simply clone a new dashboard from Portal into AGO, because we must retain the existing Dashboard URL.  Is there a way to utilize the ArcGIS Online Assistant to "replace" the .json of the AGO Dashboard with that from an updated Portal Dashboard?  So far my attempts at altering the .json have not worked.  Thanks  (we're running Portal 10.7)

Our current COVID-19 Dashboard in AGO: ArcGIS Dashboards 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Justin,

Nice dashboard - thanks for sharing! Is there a Twitter account that I can reference (I'd like to share and promote the dashboard on Twitter) ?

> Is there a way to utilize the ArcGIS Online Assistant to "replace" the .json of the AGO Dashboard with that from an updated Portal Dashboard?

This is not a supported workflow, sorry. While I've seen some users make minor edits to their dashboards via the ArcGIS Online Assistant, this is not a supported workflow. I don't think it's possible to completely "replace" the JSON content for a dashboard.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
JustinWolff
Occasional Contributor

Hi Derek, thank you for the reply. Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Twitter handle is @NEDHHS