Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to invite user to the group. The user does not have the privileges needed to join the group.

Jump to solution
08-07-2017 01:19 PM
HannesZiegler2
Frequent Contributor

I am attempting to add a new user to a group in ArcGIS Online, however, I get the following error message:

The user is an AGOL field user and is a member of the organization that the group is in. 

I am not sure why this message occurs? Any hints/ides/solutions are welcome, thank you!

14 Replies
MerylKruskopf
New Contributor

I had the same error message as the original question except that I was trying to invite a user to my group who was not part of my organization. Is this allowed? Does it have something to do with license (ArcGIS Pro Basic) or having a public account? I am the administrator and sole member of my org and group.

0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Meryl

Your user may not have a privilege to join external groups - so they would need to contact their admin to let them join.

(If it is a public account - they wouldnt be able to join as well.)

RichardPerkins
Emerging Contributor

I cannot find this menu anywhere on  the online interface.....am I in the completely wrong place?I cannot find this pick-list menu online, anywhere.  Am I looking in the completely wrong place.   A web address would be helpful to get to this menu.

0 Kudos
MerylKruskopf
New Contributor

They have public accounts so that would be the issue. Does this mean that they would need to connect their account to their ArcGIS license to join? Is there anything I can do on my end to have a private group and give access to only their accounts? Or would it be possible to make the group public as well and that would allow them to join?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

In order to set up private group sharing, the participants need to have ArcGIS Online accounts that belong to a subscription. Does your user in question have access to an organizational account?

0 Kudos