Trouble adding a web feature service (WFS) layer

09-26-2018 12:00 PM
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to an OGC WFS layer to a map in the  Portal and the portal gives me the following message when I try to "Get Layers".

I've used Fiddler to see the requests made by the  Portal and the responses coming back from the WFS (actually all 3 requests, one for 1.0.0, one for 1.1.0 and one for 2.0.0), and I can see the GetCapabilities document in each of the responses, but it still reports that I cannot add the WFS layer.

I've added the server URL to my "Trusted Servers" list in the Security Configuration.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you able to share a link to the WFS?

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Katie,

Sorry for the delay. I would be able to do that; is there a way I could send it privately so isn’t visible on the forum? Also, it is password protected, so I’ll need to give you a username and password for access.

Thanks,

Mike Hamsa

Chief Technology Officer - GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc.

P: 512-982-6735

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think you will have to "follow" me and then you can send me a direct message.

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Katie - I tried to send you a direct message with some additional info, but I'm not sure if it went through. I have not done that before. Just checking to make sure I did that correctly.

Thanks again,

Mike...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am seeing the same error as you even after adding to my trusted servers. Is your server set up to support Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)?

If so, is CORS configured to allow the specific domains that will be used to communicate with the server, such as your ArcGIS Online organization domain?

OGC—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Katie,

Yeah, I’m pretty sure it is – right now It’s just set to * which should allow requests from all domain. I’ve used Fiddler (which shows the request and response data to and from the web service) and I can see the initial response coming back from the WFS to the Online Portal so it looks likes it is returning data correctly.

But that’s really all I can see. The Online Portal makes the initial GetCapabilities request to the WFS, and the WFS returns the Capabilities document to the Online Portal. Then you get that message from the Online Portal, So I’m just not sure.

I’ve compared the Capabilities document that is returned to the Online Portal from this WFS to other Capabilities documents we have seen and it actually looks identical, except

for the layer list and the URLs.

It’s weird – I can’t figure out what’s going on. It seems like it should be working.

Mike Hamsa

Chief Technology Officer - GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc.

P: 512-982-6735

0 Kudos