Time Slider parity between Experience Builder and Instant Apps

01-19-2023 06:37 AM
Labels (1)
Marshal
New Contributor III

I am setting up a time enabled map and would like to use Experience Builder, but it does not appear to have the same configuration settings available in the "Slider" Instant App.

Screenshot below is the setting from Instant Apps that I would like to use within Experience Builder.  My time enabled features only have records for the 1st of each month.  Rather than use a time range I would like to sync with each feature and represent a snapshot of the data on the first of each month.  The setting below provides the behavior I require.

MarshalStephenBrandt_0-1674138632571.png

Is there a way to duplicate this behavior within Experience Builder?  If that particular setting is not available, is there a combination of settings that will create the same behavior?

Thanks for any insight!

Marshal

Tags (1)
2 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I'm not familiar with experience builder's plans but perhaps you could embed the instant app into an experience builder app? 

Do you want to use the experience builder app because there are tools or capabilities not available in the instant app? 

0 Kudos
Marshal
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the response.  The Instant App is much more limited in layout customization and available widgets than Experience Builder.  I would like to keep all my apps uniform with the same layout and widgets available, so that jumping between different special purpose apps is intuitive for the user.  That does not seem possible when they are a mix of Instant Apps and customized Experience Builder apps.

The Experience Builder gives near full control of placement for layout components and widget tools.  It also has access to widgets like Draw, Print, Query and others that can be useful for users.  I can understand the need for Instant App configuration to be simplified to help create apps quickly for those who don't require customization.  Ideally though, all Instant App functionality is available within Experience Builder for those who require greater customization.

Perhaps this might be possible with custom Java Script development?  I am not at that level yet, but maybe that is something I need to dive deeper into.

Thanks again for your time!

Marshal

0 Kudos