Time Line Widget on AGO

04-13-2020 01:37 PM
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to use the time line widget on AGO. We are making a COVID map to show traffic changes on Texas roads since we have been in quarantine. I made a geodatabase in ArcMAP with the traffic layer, table of count change by day and then made the join and time connection. AGO did not like my gdb. I am guessing it likes shapefiles better. I know the time line widget is limited and the time layer needs to be programmed in ArcMAP or PRO first. Can you tell me how it likes the time layer to be programmed for it to work. i.e. do we need a time in the field or does it just take a particular month day format. I know at this point to make sure I keep in shapefile form. Hope I explained everything well enough. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VictorCoelho
New Contributor III

Hi Michelle,

In Arcmap are you able to use the Time Slider with your data? Here's the documentation to use the time slider Using the Time Slider window—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

If the time slider doesn't work you can maybe try to review the enable time process.

Enabling time on your data—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

0 Kudos
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

We figured it out. You have to have a time of day in your field. You can’t just use a date.

0 Kudos