Select to view content in your preferred language

Time Enabling Layers

02-11-2016 09:20 AM
DavidJacobs2
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am wondering if I'm missing something in the process here.  I'll explain my overarching goal and then share the resources I've done. This may take on a few different directions to do just right. But, I'll start with the most obvious/frustrating one and then expand later into the other parts of my project.

So, I'm trying to make within ArcGIS Online, a time enabled map that shows a response over time to climatic change in a very simple way. Basically the same base layer will have a few polygons that change from green to yellow at different time periods.

What I can say is that It worked in desktop by simply time enabling the data layers and symbolizing accordingly.  However, I've tried moving this into ArcGIS online as a feature service, geodatabase and even the shape files and yet cannot find any indication of a where to go time enabled layer. When I look at this documentation found here Configure time settings—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS  I have no option like it indicates to enable time settings. Why would this be? Are there other steps I'm missing?  The picture attached shows my only options.

We have an organizational account and I'm the administrator so all publishing privileges should be there.  Do I actually have to publish the layers some how before the settings are  able to be enabled?

Any help is welcome!

Thanks,

Dave

20 Replies
DavidJacobs2
New Contributor II

It appears as though that was the critical difference. I'll need to work out a few of the symbolizing kinks and get it to play nicely with how the overall story map will work. But, thank you all for the assistance!

Dave

0 Kudos