Select to view content in your preferred language

The layer was not drawn completely

05-15-2018 10:14 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The layer was not drawn completely

How can I make my polygon layer completely drawn in the arcgis Online map viewer?

I have tried applying a better scale of visualization, applying filters to it, publishing it from ArcMap and ArcGIS pro and nothing works to me that debp to do?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Yennifer Cedeño!

The reason that you may be running into this is because there's too much for ArcGIS Online to display at the scale you're looking at. May I ask how many features are in the layer that's running into display issues? 

Something that you can try is enable 'Optimize Layer Drawing'. This can be done within Settings in the Item Details of the Layer. Per the description under Optimize Layer Drawing, "this setting increases the drawing speed of line and polygon layers with detailed geometry (e.g. many vertices) but also uses additional storage space to do so".

I know I previously enabled this setting when looking at Block Groups for the whole United States (over 200,000 features). It took a while for everything to draw, but in the end I was able to see all of the features in the layer. 

Best of luck!