Select to view content in your preferred language

Suggest a Web App Template for This

Jump to solution
07-05-2016 08:26 PM
SteveCole
Honored Contributor

I'm building a story map and, for a portion of that story, I want a slide which has a map that can toggle between a few locations. The locations are NOT specific point locations; they are a collection of polygons (a timber sale with several individual units). What I want out of the map was the ability to easily alternate between two basic mapextents. The story map tour template is the closest thing I can think of but you can't develop a tour without the photos (which I really don't have).

Any suggestions for a template I've overlooked?

Thanks!

Steve

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

There are many different options for doing what you're trying to do. I would suggest not looking at just one template, but combining templates together.

Maybe you could have a Map Journal as your initial or main story map. One of the slides in this journal could be the tabbed Map Series story map. Each of the tabs of this map series could lead to a different extent of one of your web maps. The tabs would be easy to click back and forth on.

I hope this reasoning made sense. But, either way, it might be a good idea to look at combining some of these story elements together for greater functionality.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

There are many different options for doing what you're trying to do. I would suggest not looking at just one template, but combining templates together.

Maybe you could have a Map Journal as your initial or main story map. One of the slides in this journal could be the tabbed Map Series story map. Each of the tabs of this map series could lead to a different extent of one of your web maps. The tabs would be easy to click back and forth on.

I hope this reasoning made sense. But, either way, it might be a good idea to look at combining some of these story elements together for greater functionality.

SteveCole
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Adrian. I think the tabbed map sounds like a great option for what I want to accomplish.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Oh, and for simplicity sake, lots of these story maps can have bookmarks, so you might want to look into that. (mainly thinking of the Shortlist story map for that one but I believe others can have bookmarks).