Some students in classroom cannot add layers to their maps

Jump to solution
04-21-2022 10:36 AM
Labels (1)
MichaelClapper
New Contributor

Friends: 

Attempting to teach my high school students some mapping skills.  They're loving it. 

However, today when we attempted to add content to their maps, many did not have the box "Feature Layer: Create an editable layer..."  

It did not appear to be a computer issue, i.e., some chromebooks did, some did not. Some MacBooks did, some did not.   

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong spot. Any help appreciated.  

MC 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
3raan
by
New Contributor III

It appears that your students may be using Public accounts. As an admin, go into your Organization tab, select the Members tab underneath. Select the "Invite members" button and add each of your students. If you see all of your students in the Members tab, make sure that their User Types are "Creator" and roles are at least "Publisher."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelClapper
New Contributor

If it helps, here's what their screen looks like when they click on "Feature Layer:" 

0 Kudos
Jared
by
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
3raan
by
New Contributor III

It appears that your students may be using Public accounts. As an admin, go into your Organization tab, select the Members tab underneath. Select the "Invite members" button and add each of your students. If you see all of your students in the Members tab, make sure that their User Types are "Creator" and roles are at least "Publisher."

0 Kudos