Select to view content in your preferred language

Smooth layer refresh transition for layers in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
07-20-2018 06:37 AM
RPGIS
by
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know if Esri is either working on or can work on, improving the refreshing of layers in ArcGIS Online. Online seems to lag the more layers you have in terms of refreshing, but I was wondering if there is by any chance Esri might work on improving the refresh rate. I was thinking they could have it so that the layer refreshes underneath itself every time, kind of similar to a refresh rate on the tv or computer, so that the refresh changes become less noticeable. The transitioning for refreshed layers leaves a gap every time and so if anyone knows if Esri is working on improving the layers refresh rate or can work on it that would be great. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

Thanks for the feedback.

With the Layer refresh, there isn't a way to smoothen out the rendering of features currently as a new query is sent to check for more features. Great feedback, and I'll discuss it with the team. I'd also suggest logging an Idea on ArcGIS Ideas‌, so others who may be facing the same issue can contribute their support and workflows.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

Hi Robert,

Are you able to share your web map that is showing the slow transition? Are you using layer refresh or a time slider to move through your data?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Frequent Contributor

It's the general refresh on the layers when you select the layer refresh

option. I noticed it can only refresh at minimum of 10 seconds but I was

wondering if there was a way to update it so that when the layers

refreshed, they refreshed faster and more smoothly. Is there a way to

accomplish this? If so, would you mind letting me know and if not then I'll

wait and see if esri wouldn't mind working on improving it.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

Thanks for the feedback.

With the Layer refresh, there isn't a way to smoothen out the rendering of features currently as a new query is sent to check for more features. Great feedback, and I'll discuss it with the team. I'd also suggest logging an Idea on ArcGIS Ideas‌, so others who may be facing the same issue can contribute their support and workflows.

-Kelly