Sharing Web Maps from Pro to ArcOnline

05-21-2019 05:06 AM
LukeThompson
New Contributor

I am having trouble being able to share my web map from Arc Pro to ArcOnline.  I get error message 00230 Service layer has a different projection than the maps projection.  

All layers that I work with are in this projection: 

NAD 1983 StatePlane Alabama East FIPS 0101 Feet

Transverse Mercator

D North American 1983

Its not really feasible for me to change the projection for all of my files since this is the projection that we work in site wide. 

Also, what is the best work flow for having data automatically update to a operational dashboard? Currently I will edit a file in ArcPro, share it to ArcOnline, and Overwrite the previous file.  This in turn erases the data that was set up in the operational dashboard instead of updating it with the new edits. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Luke,

Is there an Esri basemap in your map? That might be causing the error. To check, when you get the error, right-click on it and select "Select Layer in Contents Pane." It will identify the problematic layer and hopefully it can be removed or re-projected.

Additionally, is the Map also in NAD 1983 StatePlane Alabama East FIPS 0101 Feet? To check, right-click on the Map in the Contents pane and select Properties. Under Coordinate Systems, is NAD 1983 StatePlane Alabama East FIPS 0101 Feet listed?

Best,

-Lauren

0 Kudos