Sharing Outside Organization - featured content still viewable

09-29-2015 05:09 AM
RobertThomson
Occasional Contributor II

I am able to share maps outside the organization either with or without login but if the home button is clicked and home selected in the pull-down  our internal featured content is viewable.  How do I disable this for guests or external users?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robert,

Are the guest users able to just see the thumbnails of the content on your home page?  If you access the home page as a guest and click on the content, is the web map/app accessible?

Check what group's content will be displayed on the home page by going to My Organization > Edit Settings > Home Page:

screen1.PNG

Then check this Group's Status by going to Groups > select the group > Edit:

screen2.PNG

RobertThomson

The guest users can see the home page or featured content and if they click on the page it is loaded.

Our featured content is enabled by a group called featured content.  It is set the same as you show above.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Set the featured content group's status to 'Organization'.  Guest users should not be able to view the content on the home page afterwards.

screen1.PNG

RobertThomson

I finally got this straightened out for loading directly without a user account to another organization to which I shared the URL.    I had a custom basemap that was not set public.  On my computer my passwords are cached and the map would load from the url but I was signed in automatically.  That's why I could see our featured content.

When it working right all you can see is the published map, anything on the home button pulldown takes you to the ArcGIS homepage.

Going through your suggestions and seeing I was already setup that way tipped me off that something else was wrong