Set maximum/minimum zoom extent arcgis online

Jump to solution
07-22-2016 04:57 AM
JoeD
by
New Contributor II

Hey everyone:

I know it is possible to set extents in which the user can see features in ArcGIS Desktop/Online environments.

However, I was wondering if it is possible to set the maximum possible and minimum possible zoom extents in ArcGIS Desktop/Online?

For example, even if the map reader continuously scrolls the mouse wheel or hits the +/- (zoom in/zoom out) buttons, the map will stop zooming in/out at a certain scale.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Really?  Grief... Warn the boss, that clicking to infinity may result in being too close to an event horizon and you can't be responsible for what happens

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

setting visible scale/extent are your options apparently Set visible range—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

If someone zooms in too far, won't they just stop and back out? or am I missing the reason for this requirement?

0 Kudos
JoeD
by
New Contributor II

Honestly, my boss just found out that if we keep clicking the 'Zoom To' button in the popups that it will keep zooming in to infinity. He thinks this is an issue.

Unfortunately, changing the visible extent does not solve this -- it will keep zooming in to the point even after the base map and point are no longer visible.

I agree with you, they can just zoom out, but it is what it is.

I was hoping there was a way to change the 'Zoom To' button's settings, but, it is likely not possible.

Thanks anyways,

Joe.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Really?  Grief... Warn the boss, that clicking to infinity may result in being too close to an event horizon and you can't be responsible for what happens

AndrewMartinez4
New Contributor III

So  was there a solution to your question? In my case if the user was zoom to far out you will see the edge of the mask I created around the polygon I am trying to focus on. So I too would like to know if you can set the maximum extent at which you could zoom out.

0 Kudos
EricPeña
Occasional Contributor

This would be useful when I need to pass a url query parameter to a web application, zoom to the found feature and limit the zoom extent so that it doesn't zoom too close to the selected feature.  It seems there should be zoom extent settings at the map level in AGOL or ArcGIS Pro but I cannot find any such settings.

0 Kudos