Select to view content in your preferred language

Set Default Map Viewer?

06-04-2012 07:57 AM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II
Hi.  Does anyone know if there is a way to set the default map viewer (in AGOL for Organizations if that matters).  We like the features available in our maps when using ArcGIS Explorer Online and would like for some of our maps to open there by default.  I happened to stumble upon one map in ArcGIS.com ("State of Utah") that behaves that way, but now wonder if it is just a fluke.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary Ellen
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
There is no way to set the default viewer. The only web maps that will open by default in Explorer online are those that have queries or gadgets in them.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks, Mike.  I appreciate the response.

Could you elaborate a little on what you mean by a web map with queries opening by default in Explorer Online?  Our maps have queries created through Explorer Online, but they still open using the arcgis.com viewer by default.  Perhaps you mean something different?

Thanks,
Mary Ellen
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
I may have spoke too soon... What I described above is how it is going to work when we next update the website. I think now, it's where you first created the map or where you last saved it. I'm not positive here though. In general, moving foward, we will more often be opening web maps in arcgis.com by default rather than Explorer Online.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos