Select to view content in your preferred language

Scale Dependent Label showing double up lable

11-08-2023 12:27 PM
Labels (1)
ECanGIS_Team
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

Have any of you come up with below issue with recent update in AGOL? Please see what one of our 

If I apply the below settings to the view layer (First label = Counties – Cities.  Second label = Cities – Room), I get the duplicate label problem in the map, and in both apps (ExB and Instant). These are the view layer settings that I’ve been using for a while, and have been working fine up until the last week or so. At the scale shown below (1:288,895), I should only be seeing the first label, but am seeing both.

ECanGIS_Team_0-1699474686230.png

If I change the view layer settings to the below (First label = Counties – Cities.  Second label = City – Room), the labels still don’t function as expected, but it resolves the duplicate label problem in the map, and in the Instant app. However, the problem persists in the ExB app. At the scale shown below (1:144,448), I would expect to see neither label, but I am seeing the second label.

ECanGIS_Team_1-1699474686259.png

If I go a step further and change the view layer settings to the below (First label = Counties – Cities.  Second label = Town – Room), it resolves the duplicate label problem in the ExB app, but leaves a scale in the map and Instant app where no labels show.

So it seems that the core problem is actually with the map, but it is manifesting differently between the map/Instant app and ExB. Would be great to get a steer from ESRI as to whether this is something that can be fixed quickly, or if we should forge ahead and implement this workaround solution so we can get the ExB app running in the meantime.

ECanGIS_Team_2-1699474686281.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you retest this today and lmk if you are still seeing this issue? Thanks!

0 Kudos
ECanGIS_Team
New Contributor III

The issue is still persisting. The browser cache has been cleared and the page has been reloaded but the issue remains. The first part of the label looks bold as it is a combination of 2 label classes. It should look like the second half of the label below at this zoom level.

ECanGIS_Team_0-1699565940051.png

0 Kudos
ECanGIS_Team
New Contributor III

To clarify, the issue has been resolved in the webmap and Instant app but not in ExB. The issue is now only encountered in ExB. 

0 Kudos
ElisabethFenn
New Contributor III

Did you ever resolve this? I'm seeing the same issue in ExB. Here you can see two different size labels showing at the same time:

ElisabethFenn_0-1719252622095.png

0 Kudos
ECanGIS_Team
New Contributor III

Esri have updated the status of the BUG on their Technical Support site to fixedhttps://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/when-labels-in-label-classes-overlap-in-map-viewer-the-bug-000162...

0 Kudos