Raster Web Services - Layer's Coordinate Systems Suddenly Don't Align

Jump to solution
04-04-2022 10:01 AM
Labels (3)
10KYIGIS
New Contributor II

I've been experiencing a very strange issue recently with some of our Raster Tile and Vector Tile layers.

Several months ago I published a series of Vector Tile layers of Roads and Rivers for use in conjunction with aerial tile basemaps from a State Agency:Statewide NAIP 2011 3ft 4band Imagery | Statewide NAIP 2011 3ft 4band Imagery | Washington State Geo...

For several months these two layers worked fine with no issues, but just over the last week I've been receiving the following error: "can not be added to the map because its coordinate system or tiling scheme can't be adjusted to align properly with the basemap."

The strange thing is, the error I receive is on a map made in Map Viewer (Classic), BUT I can switch basemaps successfully with the same data using a couple of child Web App Builder apps that use the same Map Viewer Classic Map as its parent. 

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and has a fix or information? I'll probably create a support ticket as well.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
10KYIGIS
New Contributor II

I received some support from Esri that led me to a solution.

My issue was that I had set the State Imagery (which is referenced in EPSG 2927, not EPSG 3857) as the only basemap layer in the  Web Map. Because of that it switched the spatial reference for the web map to 2927, and led to incompatibility with some of my Vector Tiles published in EPSG 2857.

All I did to fix it was reset the Basemap of the Map to Esri Imagery, added the State Imagery into the Contents, and moved it to the Basemap so that it drew on top of the Esri Imagery Layer.

This way the 3857 Spatial Reference was maintained, and the Web Map with appropriate State Imagery (which serves as one of my org's Basemaps) can now be toggled on or off with no incompatibilities.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor
10KYIGIS
New Contributor II

I received some support from Esri that led me to a solution.

My issue was that I had set the State Imagery (which is referenced in EPSG 2927, not EPSG 3857) as the only basemap layer in the  Web Map. Because of that it switched the spatial reference for the web map to 2927, and led to incompatibility with some of my Vector Tiles published in EPSG 2857.

All I did to fix it was reset the Basemap of the Map to Esri Imagery, added the State Imagery into the Contents, and moved it to the Basemap so that it drew on top of the Esri Imagery Layer.

This way the 3857 Spatial Reference was maintained, and the Web Map with appropriate State Imagery (which serves as one of my org's Basemaps) can now be toggled on or off with no incompatibilities.

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Excellent!  Glad you go it figured out.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos