Select to view content in your preferred language

Publishing hosted tile layer failed

Friday
Labels (1)
geolynn
Emerging Contributor

Hi all,

When trying to publish a hosted Tile Layer, I get an error message regardless of how I try to publish the tile package. For example:

From ArcGIS Pro 3.3.2: Tile Generation goes well (tried both offline and online tile generation). Tile package is uploaded successfully but fails upon publishing. The log files say the follow:

StatusMessage: Publishing web layer failed (AGO)
StatusMessage: Publishing tool execution failed
ErrorMessage: Failed to publish web layer

Also manually trying to publish the uploaded tile package fails with the following message:

"The item you requested cannot be found. The item may have been deleted or you may have entered an incorrect URL"

From ArcGIS Online: by uploading the .vtpk file. Either option, uploading and publishing directly or publishing manually after in ArcGIS Online don't work either.

If I publish the exactly the same tile package in a different organization, it works. Which makes me think that the problem is either in the settings or the rights or storage structure of the ArcGIS Online organization. The organization consists only out of 1 person who has administrator rights. I logged a call with the local ESRI support team but no success yet, looking forward to learn if anyone here has suggestions or similar experiences. Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
rcGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello @geolynn,

Assuming I understand you were able to publish the same .vtpk in a different ArcGIS Online organization, have you tried to rename the tile package and reupload it in your ArcGIS Online? 

I would also keep a short .vtpk name. And if you are importing/publishing the tile package from the ArcGIS Online web interface I would try to access ArcGIS Online from a browser incognito window (to avoid any cache issues).

geolynn
Emerging Contributor

@rcGIS Thanks much for reply, much appreciated!

Following your suggestion, I re-uploaded the .vtpk file under a totally non-related very short filename in incognito mode in the web interface. The uploading succeeds but the publishing fails again. When using the option to directly publish I get the following error:  

Error: There was an error while adding this item.

When selecting only upload and manually publish, I get again:
"The item you requested cannot be found. The item may have been deleted or you may have entered an incorrect URL" followed by "Error: There was an error while adding this item."

So unfortunately no success...
0 Kudos
rcGIS
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello again @geolynn, you are welcome, but I haven't been able to help much...

What for me remains relevant is that you were able to publish the same .vtpk in a different ArcGIS Online organization (so it should also work in this one).

Since you are publishing to ArcGIS Online you will not be able to access the underlying logs for more in-depth troubleshooting; I would keep working with your local Esri Support team.

You might be encountering a temporary issue which hopefully will be resolved soon. 

PS1: Try republishing after a few days; see if the issue remains at that point.

PS2: Can you publish other types of layers like, for example, a simple hosted feature layer?

0 Kudos
geolynn
Emerging Contributor

Yes, I can publish a hosted feature layer. The problem is only for hosted tile layers and vector tile layers.

However, I can publish a hosted tile layer from a hosted feature layer!