Publish as a hosted layer issue!

12-29-2016 06:34 AM
Zahraashahid
New Contributor

Hey Guys,

Arcgis Onine related issue.

I singed up for a version trail and  I want to add an item and publish it as hosted layer.

A check box supposed to be shown (publish this file as a hosted layer) when i click the ADD ITEM button, add from my computer.

But that check box is not available.

I want to publish these items, So I can I find them when I search in Arcgis Power BI.

Hope someone can help! and thanks in advance.

Zahraa

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Zahraa,

What type of file are you uploading? Is there spatial location information in the data like lat/long or address? When a file can be published as a hosted feature service the check box to publish will appear. If you are uploading a file that isn't supported for publishing as a hosted feature service, like a word document, the publish button won't appear. 

Here is the link to the help doc that reviews what content is supported for publishing feature services.

Publish hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Let us know if this helps.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
Zahraashahid
New Contributor

Hey Kelly,

I tried with CSV file which contains Lat/Long and  a zipped shapefile (.zip) and a .json file, did not work.

I read that ArcGIS Online help documentation about publishing but couldn't find anything mentioned about that isuue.

Thanks in advance!

Zahraa

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Zahraa,

Can you share your csv file so we can see what the issue is? If not, I suggest contacting technical support to investigate further.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
Zahraashahid
New Contributor

Hey Kelly,

It's my bad. I was using Arcgis student account which is connected to my University and did not have certain privileges to publish. However, I signed up with new account (trail version) and it worked perfectly with publishing layers.

Best/Zahraa 

0 Kudos