Public application with spatial analysis widget

Jump to solution
03-31-2017 10:26 AM
SophieGratton
New Contributor II

I have an application in AGOL created with WebApp Builder that contains the Spatial Analysis widget. I was able to share the application with everyone but as soon as a user outside my organization tries to click on the Spatial Analysis widget, he/she gets prompted with the username/password window. Is it possible to configure the application so that it automatically uses the organization's credits?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Sophie,

With other ArcGIS Online services, it's possible to create a service proxy so that other users can use the services and credits are charged back to the organization. This is the workflow to use with premium services and the routing service. At this point in time, it isn't possible to create a service proxy for the spatial analysis services, so users will be prompted to sign in if they try to use the service.

If this is functionality that you are looking for, log an idea on https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=8abaa613-e155-46ff-b5a4-9598d7c...‌. If you can include the tool you would like to use and how your users would consume the tool or output, that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Kelly

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Sophie,

With other ArcGIS Online services, it's possible to create a service proxy so that other users can use the services and credits are charged back to the organization. This is the workflow to use with premium services and the routing service. At this point in time, it isn't possible to create a service proxy for the spatial analysis services, so users will be prompted to sign in if they try to use the service.

If this is functionality that you are looking for, log an idea on https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=8abaa613-e155-46ff-b5a4-9598d7c...‌. If you can include the tool you would like to use and how your users would consume the tool or output, that would be helpful.

Thanks,

Kelly