Select to view content in your preferred language

Popups bug when filter applied/Publishing multiple services vs. filtering one service

08-10-2013 10:52 AM
MichaelGayheart1
New Contributor III
I have published a map service from our ArcGIS Server that I use to make four different maps from based on different filters on the layers in the service.  I then publish those maps in a Map Gallery Carousel that is embedded in another website. The problem comes in when a user tries to click on the map for a popup on one of the filtered maps...results are returned that don't meet the filter criteria! Since the polygons overlaps quite a bit, users get extraneous data even when they click on a valid area.

I have a NIMBUS bug in about this (NIM093201). It happens on apps but not maps. Basically, the query sent to the server doesn't include the where clause. I have no idea when it might be fixed. The workaround would be to publish services for each of the maps so that no filtering is needed on the ArcGIS Online side. My question is, what are the performance implications of publishing 4 services that only differ by a query vs. having a single service that can be filtered multiple ways? Does anyone else publish apps that use popups from filtered layers? Any other workarounds that wouldn't involve publishing basically the same service multiple times?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhilReese1
New Contributor
I'm having the same issue - I'm using the Side Accordion Storytelling template to display three different maps that are filtered versions of the same service.  When viewing the maps on the ArcGIS.com map viewer, the filters work as expected, limiting the visibility of features based on my created expressions while ALSO hiding the info pop-ups of those hidden features.  That is to say, if you click on the location of a feature hidden using the filter, the hidden feature's info pop-up will not appear.

However, once these maps are displayed using the Side Accordion storytelling template, the features remain visibly hidden, but the info pop-ups will open if you click on the location of the hidden features.

So if I have multiple features stacked on top of each other (or if they are located very close to each other), clicking on a filtered visible feature will also open the info pop-ups for all of the hidden features.
0 Kudos