Plans to allow adding our own GP Services

Jump to solution
12-19-2013 08:19 AM
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III
Are there any plans for future releases to allow administrators/publishers of an online subscription to add their own geoprocessing services that are hosted from their ArcGIS for Server? 

The Analysis Tools in AGOL are great, but are only accessible to admin or publisher roles.  I am guessing that this is the case, since the results are stored as ???contents??? rather than returned to the map as a graphic.  We need those with a User role to have access to simple analyses, like buffer a feature or features. 

Programmers who develop with the Flex, JavaScript or Silverlight web APIs are able to add GP tools to their toolbars.  Might we be able to do the same in our ArcGIS Online maps in the future?  Or, might some of the Analysis Tools be available to a User role and return graphics instead of stored content?

Thank you.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeFlannery
Andrew:

Thank you for your time and thoughts.  I am heading over to the Ideas site.
Happy holidays!

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Joe,

There are no plans at this time to publish Geoprocessing Services to ArcGIS Online, but these are good ideas. It sounds like there are 2 issues you are looking to address.

1. Allow the ability for the 'User' role to Perform Analysis
2. Add custom Geoprocessing functionality to ArcGIS Online applications.
  - Posted to ArcGIS Ideas

You may want to consider posting your ideas and use cases to the ArcGIS Ideas site, as well as voting up some existing ideas that meet your request.

Thank you,
Andrew
JoeFlannery
Andrew:

Thank you for your time and thoughts.  I am heading over to the Ideas site.
Happy holidays!

Joe
0 Kudos
CaryRoberts
New Contributor III
Hi gentleman,

I know this thread has been answered, but are you saying that I cannot add a Geoprocessing tool like Extract Data Task to AGOL anduse it as a GP service so that I can configure a flex application  widget? I can publish a GP tool as a Tool package but just can't use it.

Say it ain't so.:(
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Cary,

Correct, there are currently no plans to host your Geoprocessing Services in ArcGIS Online. To create a Geoprocessing Service, you will have to publish to an ArcGIS for Server.

Thank you,
Andrew
0 Kudos