Online attachments

Jump to solution
09-06-2022 01:44 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

where are the documents stored that are used in ArcGIS Online?  I've created attachments in Online with documents from our company server.  are the attachments for the layer just links to those locations?  I didn't place them in the Online environment

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertCottreau13
New Contributor II

my attachments are documents from our company server.

so they are in fact stored in the Online platform and not just as links.  I tested this using a non-company computer to see if I could access them and I can.

thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

See this post to see how to access the attachments stored in the service.  This post if for Arcade, but part 2, step 4 describes how/where the attachments are stored in hosted feature service.

R_

0 Kudos
RobertCottreau13
New Contributor II

that article discusses geotagged photos?

So, are the attachments only stored as hyperlinks to a location?  If the location is my company's network, then I guess any attachments I put will not be accessible to anyone outside my company?

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Part 1 of the link discusses how to get geotagged photos in as attachments (you can ignore that since you already have a dataset with attachments), but Part 2 (esp. step 4) tells you how to access the attachments through the REST service.

Not sure how you "created attachments in Online with documents from our company server", but if you enable and add attachments to a feature class, they are stored as BLOBs in the database in the attachments table for that feature class.

If you publish this data as a service, the attachments are available through the service directly.  So, if someone has access to the service, they should also be able to see the attachments.

R_

RobertCottreau13
New Contributor II

my attachments are documents from our company server.

so they are in fact stored in the Online platform and not just as links.  I tested this using a non-company computer to see if I could access them and I can.

thanks.

0 Kudos