[NOOB] - Map for plowing snow

11-29-2022 11:19 PM
RobertEstling
New Contributor

Hello,

TL;DR:
- I have a map with ~ 25 different lines representing routes for snowplowers to follow in my county

- I want to make an interactive map/or app where the user (driver) can select their route and then follow it 

- I also want their route to be "cleared" when they are done, or, updated in real-time on a web-map / to see them live. This is more for the residents of the county to see if their road-to-work has been cleared of snow

I have been assigned a task to create an easy-to-use map (or app) for different drivers to follow on their phones when they plow snow.

All in all, there are about ~ 25 different drivers with different routes. All the routes are digitalized on a map, with their respective names. 

What I want to create is a map or an app where the driver loads up this map, select their vehicle from the layer-list (to only see what areas they are going to plow snow on) and then "start" the tracking so that their employee can follow their progress on a dashboard view. 

I have no programming experience, but I am sure this is possible using Field Maps and the Tracking Location function. I've played around alot with different maps in AGOL, I've only managed to create the Interactive Legend-app to select one set of tracks.

Perhaps I need to re-create all these lines / routes? Can someone point me to a good tutorial or anything... 

Soryr for rambling. Hope anyone knows anything! 😄 

1 Reply
JustinConnerWR
Occasional Contributor II

Did you come up with a solution?

0 Kudos