New Map Viewer Popup Field Ordering

05-18-2021 12:58 PM
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

Field order is being sorted alphabetically in the popup configuration when a feature service is added to the New Map Viewer. Is there a way to make the map viewer honor the original field ordering as shown in the feature table?

Resorting the original order is problematic as field order is set to facilitate ease of data viewing or entry. Unfortunately, the caveat on the popup configuration mentions "Popups offered in map viewer are not compatible with all apps." This appears to be the same issue that @MarkEastwood experienced with his collector post. We are working on a configurable editing app which apparently does not honor new map viewer popup configurations. I tried using Experience Builder, assuming that the problem may be due to the underlying javascript api 3x/4x compatibility, but EB does not yet have an editing widget. It does not appear the popup reorder is honored in Field Maps either. Given this we are spending time to redo our work to use the Map Viewer Classic unless Esri has recommendations on using the new map viewer for editing wit original field order.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

I did a bit of looking for an solution and checked out @KellyGerrow posts as she does such a great job with AGOL articles. For some reason it didn't show up on the community pages when searching, but @TonyViveiros2 asked the same question.

0 Kudos
ChristopherBowering
Occasional Contributor

I'm running into the same thing involving inability to reorder fields in the New Map Viewer and have the desired order appear in Field Maps and/or Collector.  Fortunately, I realized this early on so I did my field arrangements in Map Viewer Classic then saved over the map using the New Map Viewer and did the rest of my work using the New Viewer.  This is definitely a big pain!

0 Kudos