Select to view content in your preferred language

Network Analyst in AGO

12-28-2012 04:21 AM
MichaelMiller2
Regular Contributor
What are the steps to add Network Analyst functionality to a AGO map? I have a network data set published as a service and have added it to AGO. I've read that Network functions are now avail in AGO, but can not find any info on how to enable maps in AGO to be able to solve routing tasks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
Hi Michael,

Not sure you will be able to do this in AGOL with your own network datasets. However, you might take advantage of hosted by Esri routing services.

More info on Network Analysis Services.
0 Kudos
MichaelMiller2
Regular Contributor
Hi Michael,

Not sure you will be able to do this in AGOL with your own network datasets. However, you might take advantage of hosted by Esri routing services.

More info on Network Analysis Services.

Thanks Alexy. We need to use our network dataset because it includes the bridge height restrictions necessary for out routing purposes.
0 Kudos
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
To my knowledge, you cannot do this in AGOL viewer, however, you are able to publish your own network analysis services or GP services based on the in-house network dataset and then consume this service in various web applications via REST/SOAP protocol. ArcGIS Viewer for Flex/Silverlight, for instance, are capable of using the mentioned services.

I agree that being able to consume own routing services in ArcGIS.com Viewer would be neat and I guess ArcGIS Online team does work on this and this functionality might come in some later release. You are welcome to publish an idea at ArcGIS Ideas web site.
0 Kudos