Nested relationships in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
06-23-2016 01:35 AM
AntonioPatera
New Contributor II

Hello. Can someone tell me if and when nested relationships (three tiers) wil be ever supported by ArcGIS Online? I read they were planned for the end of 2015. But so far ... Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Antonio,

You can now view and update nested related records in the data tab in the new details page of ArcGIS Online. Check out the following blog for more information about the new data tab: The new Data tab: More than just a table (June 2016) | ArcGIS Blog

Let us know if you have any issues viewing this data in the data tab.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

have you check the help to see if it is there? ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

or perhaps it is still in the Ideas stage which you could check from the ArcGIS Ideas link on the main page

Not all things mentioned get into production when desired or stated

AntonioPatera
New Contributor II

Already checked... No news. Anywhere ...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

lots of ideas https://community.esri.com/search.jspa?q=arcgis+online+relate&place=%2Fplaces%2F478947&depth=ALL

but I didn't look through them to see if they had been implemented

KellyGerrow

Hi Antonio,

You can now view and update nested related records in the data tab in the new details page of ArcGIS Online. Check out the following blog for more information about the new data tab: The new Data tab: More than just a table (June 2016) | ArcGIS Blog

Let us know if you have any issues viewing this data in the data tab.

-Kelly

NinaRihn
Occasional Contributor III

Just wondering if there are any updates on the ability to show nested relates within the ArcGIS.com map or in an AGOL web app?

MaximeDemers
Occasional Contributor III

We are in 2019, does nested relationships in AGOL webb app is enabled or not?

KellyGerrow

Nested joins are supported. How are your trying to display the data? Through popups? 

Can you provide some information about the specific workflow that you are trying to accomplish?

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos