Need help to Geo coding

Jump to solution
07-25-2014 04:37 AM
SunilPalkar
Occasional Contributor

Hello All,

I am using ESRI 10.1 suit and valid licenses for 10.2. Recently ESRI has stopped geo coding service for 10.1 & 10.2 versions.

I want to geocode the address from backside i.e. through ArcMap 10.1 but when I look on this site I am confused.

So what options for Geo coding are available? For Developer side & analyst side ?

Any help will be great!!!

Thanks in advance!! @

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

To geocode, using the ESRI service, you will need an ArcGIS Online organizational account. Once you have that, you can follow these steps to geocode your addresses. But you will have to use your credits to do so.

If you have your own address locator, you can geocode for free, see here.

I hope this answers your question!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

To geocode, using the ESRI service, you will need an ArcGIS Online organizational account. Once you have that, you can follow these steps to geocode your addresses. But you will have to use your credits to do so.

If you have your own address locator, you can geocode for free, see here.

I hope this answers your question!

SunilPalkar
Occasional Contributor

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your answer. So according to links that you have provided , I need to create first my ArcGIS Online account (need to contact ESRI Rep for this ) then using that username and password geo-code the address right ?

thanks for quick reply..

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Yes, since you have a license, you should get an organizational account for free plus I think it is 200credits. You could use those credits to geocode 5000addresses.. If you need more, you would have to purchase credits.

SunilPalkar
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Tim for the details. You resolved my question : )

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

No problem, always happy to help!

0 Kudos