navigation basemap won't load into arcmap

07-05-2017 06:39 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

is anybody else having the issue with the navigation basemap not loading into arcmap. i am trying to load it from the add data button inside arcmap and it won't load. nothing shows up. Just wondering if anybody else experienced this

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

can you provide a link to the item you are trying to add? I do not get any results for navigation basemap when searching from the Add Data button in ArcMap.

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Katie

I am not searching for the basemap from Add data button. i am simply selecting the add base map option and then selecting the navigation basemap from the choices. Topography basemap loads fine, as well as the light gray canvas. it seems just the navigation and world streets one don't want to load. We are still at 10.3.1 if that matters

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You may have a custom basemap gallery configured, I have the default basemap group and I do not see navigation as one of the options.

0 Kudos
ErikBlake

I think you have to log-in into your AGO account in ArcMap under file. then you will get more basemap options

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am signed in, the basemaps available when clicking the add data > add basemap button depends on the organization settings for the basemap gallery.

Your organization is likely configured with a custom basemap group that includes this navigation map. Mine is configured with the default basemap group and there is no basemap called Navigation. You will have to get to the item details for the navigation item and provide me that link in order to test further.

Here is what I see, these are the default basemaps:

0 Kudos