Select to view content in your preferred language

My Map - I need for your opinion / comments......>>>>>

06-27-2012 05:28 AM
admedahmeds
Emerging Contributor
Hello,

I have created a website with a map in ArcGIS online, I would like to use that map for real estate field.

Actually, I need for your comments, and feedbacks about the map.

I notice that the map is slow because the size of the data is big.

1- Is there any idea to make this map faster when people do panning, zooming  in ,and zooming out?
2- In your opinion, what should I add to that map to be perfect? (legend....etc)
3- Others comments/ recommendation?

Thank you
Ahmed.

Here is the link of the map:

https://sites.google.com/site/mapomanlands/
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
admedahmeds
Emerging Contributor
I am not sure what can be done to make it faster, but in regards to ideas to make it look better, you should go through and clean up the legend and also the fields of the popup windows. For example, if you open the legend it displays "forsell", "FOR RENT PLOTS", and "oneplot". A good idea would be to clean those up so they are consistent and also make sense. For Sell, For Rent and One Plot would be better in my mind. "Roads_ziped" should just be "Roads". The MUSCAT_MIK feature seems to be one large file, if you click on it in the map it selects everything and shows one popup no matter what you click on. Is it supposed to be that way?

Hope the suggestions help!

SStrand, thank you very much for your reply.

I agree with you the legend needs to be cleaned, because it is not final so far.

and as you said" The MUSCAT_MIK feature seems to be one large file, if you click on it in the map it selects everything and shows one popup", that's true because
that layer had more than 60000 (sixty thousands) feature, so i combined them in one layer (like one feature).

Thanks once again
0 Kudos