Limiting what feature types can be created through layer view?

Jump to solution
08-02-2017 07:06 PM
deleted-user-JzIjmzC7H6Ko
New Contributor III

Is it possible to create a layer view which only allows the creation of a subset of feature types? I tried creating a view, set the view definition to limit features to two types of features (out of a total of 10), added it to the map, but still can add/edit all types of features (editing is enabled). The view just acts as a filter by what I can tell. Once I add a point that I don't want to be able to edit, it vanishes because of the view definition, but is there as a record in the parent hosted feature layer. There needs to be a button on the edit settings something to the effect of "edits limited to view definition query".

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Devin, the editing types can be updated separately - in the edit dialog, you should see see a button in the lower right titled "Manage". That will open a panel for managing editing types and templates. From there, click the dropdown for each type you want to remove. Once the types are removed, you should see the editing experience reflect which types are available.

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Devin, the editing types can be updated separately - in the edit dialog, you should see see a button in the lower right titled "Manage". That will open a panel for managing editing types and templates. From there, click the dropdown for each type you want to remove. Once the types are removed, you should see the editing experience reflect which types are available.

Thanks,

Chris

deleted-user-JzIjmzC7H6Ko
New Contributor III

Thanks Chris! I got it working. I think that's a little tricky overall. Going into these new layer views cold, I had an expectation that I could control this capability from the layer itself from the detail pages rather than having to configure that functionality in a webmap one level up.

0 Kudos