Select to view content in your preferred language

Layer is not in the webmap:servicename_####

Jump to solution
a week ago
Labels (2)
JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

Hello!  I have updated content and republished several feature service layers (Sharing......Overwrite Web Layer) from ArcGIS Pro.  These are service layers that have been in use in various web maps for several years now.  When opening the web map in the ArcGIS Online (new) map viewer, the existing layers show an error in the TofC and do not load.  I have to re-add each (now republished) layer, rename the layer, and reconfigure the layer pop-up - a real chore.  I read somewhere that this is the expected behavior in the web map when updating a service? 

I am using a configurable application, Information Lookup.  When I open the app, two of five layers I have updated, show the following message: Layer is not in the webmap:service_name_####, where the service_name_ is the name of my service followed by some four digit number.  However, the service layers are in the webmap.  Interestingly, the two layers show in the application map but are not honoring the symbology.  Instead, some default(?) symbology is used.  I went back to the web map, and changed the symbology slightly on the two layers, and saved the changes/map.  While the symbology has improved, I still get the errors on those two layers when I open the application.  I cannot figure out why this is happening in general and happening with these two layers.  Any help would be appreciated.  Many thanks, Jay

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

When you overwrite a layer you need to make sure the # in your rest URL matches the # your project in Pro assigns it as to not mess up popups and configurations, etc. 

Laura_0-1728072568330.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

When you overwrite a layer you need to make sure the # in your rest URL matches the # your project in Pro assigns it as to not mess up popups and configurations, etc. 

Laura_0-1728072568330.png

JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

Laura,

Many thanks!  I usually forget about that one important detail.

Regards, Jay

0 Kudos