Select to view content in your preferred language

Labels not displaying in map viewer

Jump to solution
05-21-2023 08:51 AM
Labels (2)
LJackson29
Frequent Contributor

Hi - 

I have a map created in the new Map Viewer and added a map image service that contains two layers: one a polygon layer (Project layer)  and one a point layer that is a related layer (Phase Layer - that shows specific phase locations of the larger project). I have created labels for the Project layer that appear between 20,000 - 75,000 feet, and I want the Phase labels to turn on under 20,000 feet, but they do not turn on (even if I make them turned on at all extents). Any suggestions of what I might be doing wrong?

LeilaJackson1_1-1684684128605.png

LeilaJackson1_0-1684684070911.png

Thanks!

Leila

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LJackson29
Frequent Contributor

This is a known bug: BUG-000131800: Labels on multipoint layers do not display in the new Map Viewer. This is currently a known limitation in the Java Speech API (JSAPI) and cannot be resolved at the Map Viewer level. It doesn't seem they have any timeline for fixing it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoshuaSharp-Heward
Frequent Contributor

Hi Leila,

Is the labeling configured on the map service? Because I think if you have restrictions set on the visibilities for the label on the service itself for map image services they can't be enabled at different visibility scales on the web map side.

Kind regards,

Josh

LJackson29
Frequent Contributor

@JoshuaSharp-Heward Thanks for coming to my rescue again. I just checked and the labels were not turned on in the service. I enabled and formatted  the labels in Pro and we republished, and the labels in the map image service are working now, but not the feature service for some reason. Any thoughts? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JoshuaSharp-Heward
Frequent Contributor

Hi Leila,

The only thing I could think of is that maybe it didn't update the feature service during the republish, could try restarting it or deleting and remaking the feature service - although I would think that this should've happened automatically when republishing the Map Image Service.

0 Kudos
LJackson29
Frequent Contributor

Deleting the service is a last resort as it is used in an Experience Builder app with a lot of configuration in map viewer with pop-ups and forms. The layer that is not labeling, is a multi-point layer and I am now wondering if that is the issue?

0 Kudos
LJackson29
Frequent Contributor

This is a known bug: BUG-000131800: Labels on multipoint layers do not display in the new Map Viewer. This is currently a known limitation in the Java Speech API (JSAPI) and cannot be resolved at the Map Viewer level. It doesn't seem they have any timeline for fixing it.

0 Kudos
Cyprus_Forest_Department
Regular Contributor

I second that. I stumbled upon a multipoint feature layer that was drawing its labels in map viewer clasic and web app builder, but when I migrated the web app to experience builder now labels are not drawing for that layer.

The same goes for the new map viewer. The label menu is completely missing for the multipoint layer in the new map viewer. However, you can trick the new web map viewer into showing you the menu by selecting the label menu in a point layer and then switching to your multipoint layer. The menu is there now, but labels are still not drawing.

Bummer.

0 Kudos