June 2022 AGO Update: Map Viewer not detecting changes and prompting to save?

Jump to solution
06-23-2022 06:18 AM
Labels (1)
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Is anyone else noticing that Map Viewer doesn't appear to detect some changes to the map? Two things seem to have disappeared: the really handy blue dot notification on the Save button and the browser prompt when navigating away from the map if you haven't saved changes.

I've only just noticed this after reordering layers and changing the extent/zoom of the map, but wanted to get this out there. I do get the aforementioned prompts when adding a new layer.

Thanks,
Derek

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh I totally see it now! Thanks for that additional info on what does/does not work. I have passed this along to our internal development team to review. Here is a bug number for tracking- BUG-000150236

Thanks again for reporting Derek!

Sarah
ArcGIS Online Product Advocacy Lead

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Derek! Thanks for reporting this. I tested it out within Map Viewer but I am not able to reproduce. I am still seeing the blue indicator for Save and a prompt when I leave the map after making changes. I will continue to attempt to reproduce and research further -- is it possible you have any pop-up blockers enabled?

0 Kudos
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sarah! Thank you for looking into this. I haven't changed any popup settings since before the update and typically use Firefox. For changes like reordering layers and panning/zooming, I am not seeing either prompt in Firefox, Chrome, Brave or Edge. I do get the prompts if I toggle layer visibility or add/remove a layer.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh I totally see it now! Thanks for that additional info on what does/does not work. I have passed this along to our internal development team to review. Here is a bug number for tracking- BUG-000150236

Thanks again for reporting Derek!

Sarah
ArcGIS Online Product Advocacy Lead

0 Kudos
DerekMStrout
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for passing this along!

0 Kudos