Select to view content in your preferred language

Joined Views Missing Functionality: Field Visibility Control

2 weeks ago
Labels (2)
FranLopezTapia
New Contributor
Hi AGO Community,

I am attempting to generate a Joined View from two feature layers that I intend to share publicly. I have previously created and shared hosted views, which allowed me the ability to control the visibility of specific fields.

However, I am new to the process of creating Joined Views within ArcGIS Online and have noticed that this functionality appears to be absent. When I follow the steps to create a Joined View, I am unable to modify field visibility to hide certain fields. Also, once the Joined View has been created, there is no way for editing it.

In my Joined View's settings, under Feature layer (Hosted, View), where I typically have the option to edit my view, I am presented with the following message: "*Setting must be configured on the hosted feature layer that this feature layer view was created from,[Source Feature Class]". But going to the source layer doesn't provide the ability to edit field visibility.
join.PNG

It is important that I hide certain fields prior to publicly sharing the data. The only alternative I see is to publish the two feature layers with the desired fields exposed before joining them. I would prefer to avoid this approach to prevent data duplication in our AGO account.

If there is not currently a method to accomplish this, is it a feature that is planned for future?
0 Kudos
0 Replies