I have several arc online projects that I am working on right now. This morning however, I'm having broken links in pop-ups that were working on Monday. I have a story map where only a few images are loading, and when I refresh the page it is often different images showing up. Is Arc Online experiencing a problem or could it be my account system? Trying to get this done today and now I can't.
Hmmm, according the the ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard, everything seems to be running fine.
Where are the images stored that you are linking to? I had an issue that I ran into a couple of weeks ago where I was linking to my own attachments so they would show up as thumbnails in the popups, but after a week or two the tokens refreshed and the links didn't work anymore.
Are you able to share your storymap? That might help with troubleshooting.
So I can't share either of them right now because I don't have the ability to publish without it going through a QC check within my organization. However, the images are being stored within arc online itself I believe. Most photos were attached to data via Arc Collector. So when I got the data what I did was click the attached photo, copy the url, and the put that url in its own field within the attribute table so that it would be a custom image for each pop up. Now that urls are randomly breaking with no real rhyme or reason. For example, I have a Bur Oak located in a park, upon opening this layer, and clicking the photo is in the pop-up. If I hit refresh again there is a chance that the same photo attached to the same point, will suddenly not work. As for the story map, it is a guessing game as to why some images work and some don't.
Based on people's responses it sounds like it could be a more widespread issue with ArcGIS Online, but I will say that the workflow you followed to get the image in the popup is the exact same one that I followed. As I mentioned before, It worked like a charm for a week or two, but after that the images appeared as broken links. When I checked the URL for the image I had in the field I created and compared it to the URL I got when I copied the image location again, they were different, which explains why the links appeared broken.
These were all images that could not be shared via a public image host service due to restrictions mandated by the client, so I could not get a URL for the images that way. If someone else has a solution for this I'd love to know!
Hmm, I just double checked - the box was checked but it said to refresh the image "every 0 minutes" so I guess I overlooked that, assuming it wouldn't affect it. Worth a shot, maybe it will work now. Thanks!
The help page for configuring pop-ups touches on this briefly, but it does state:
"Optionally enter the URL to an image stored on an external website, in ArcGIS Online, or as an attachment within the layer's data. PNG, JPEG, and GIF images are supported. If the image is stored as an item in ArcGIS Online, you must enter the URL copied from the URL field on the item page, which is only available if the image item is shared with the public."
So, unfortunately that still doesn't offer a solution when the images need to be only visible within the organization. I did uncheck the "refresh interval" box under the pop-up image configuration, but after I save and refresh the page, it appears to be checked again.
we have noticed several issues this morning of map layers not loading, 500 error codes, and not being able to get to individual feature layer pages without big red pop-ups saying there is an error. this happens on desktop and mobile web browsers, but seems to be fine in Collector app.