Is Arc Online working right? Lost images

02-20-2019 08:12 AM
RichardHelsley
New Contributor II

I have several arc online projects that I am working on right now. This morning however, I'm having broken links in pop-ups that were working on Monday. I have a story map where only a few images are loading, and when I refresh the page it is often different images showing up. Is Arc Online experiencing a problem or could it be my account system? Trying to get this done today and now I can't.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

thanks for checking in.  i was starting to think i was losing my mind. as the operations dashboard health thing said there were no issues.  i also uploaded the same feature layer to a different AGOL account, and it seemed to work just fine, but i go back to my clients account and it throws errors.  account is valid, with plenty of credits.

0 Kudos
AdamEversole1
Esri Contributor

Hello Richard, 

I didn't see any Performance interruptions on the system Health page.  I would refer to the following article if you expect to experiencing a disruption. 

https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support/blog/2018/05/01/how-to-report-an-arcgis-online-s... 

This could be something contained in the Story Map, Can I ask:

- What type of Story map is it? would you be able to share it? (If it's not public, and you can only share it with a group, can you invite my username, It's Eversole, I'll look to see if I can see what's going on)

- When the app is refreshed, are the Images display randomly, or are they consistent but incorrectly placed?

I hope to help.

-Adam

0 Kudos
RichardHelsley
New Contributor II

It is the new side column story map tour I believe. The photos will load in the correct spot, only certain ones will load and others won't. Our system admin is working on the problem now.

0 Kudos
AdamEversole1
Esri Contributor

Thanks Richard, The status page was updated since my last post to indicate there is a performance issue with hosted services. our teams are working to resolve the issue now. 

Knowing your images are attachments to a Hosted layer (Via the Collector workflow)  Having the images not appear, sounds like it could be related the issue here. Dan Allen‌ demonstrated the 500 internal server error against Services 1 in the below post, this might be the same server you are on and same issue if so. 

Thank you guys for being proactive and letting us know.

-Adam

DanAllen

I just added a shapefile to a blank MXD, published it as a feature service layer, and when I go to AGOL, and try to add it to an ArcGIS.com map, i get "Error, this layer XXXX cannot be added to the map".  If i go to the feature service page, and click the data tab to see the attributes, and the table will not load, it gives a red box that says there was an error.

I cant report the issue from the health page as i am not the organization admin.

0 Kudos
DanAllen

also, when it throws an error for some of the feature service layers, the end of the string says "=json Status:500"  which i believe is an internal server error.=json status: 500

0 Kudos