Select to view content in your preferred language

Invalid service credentials

10-13-2015 04:44 PM
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you ever seen this when adding a secured service as an item in ArcGIS Online?

secureservice.PNG

When it asked me for credentials, and I selected the "Store credentials with service item" option.

I am quite sure the credential is correct, because if I copy and paste the service URL directly into the address bar in the browser, I can use the same login to unlock the service and see the service details.

I noticed "ArcGIS Online supports ArcGIS Server authentication (not Web Tier authentication) for adding and accessing secure services."

Security Configuration Settings

User Store:ArcGIS Server

Built-inRole Store:ArcGIS Server

Built-inAuthentication Tier:GIS Server

Authentication Mode:ArcGIS Tokens

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I just did a test with one of my secure services....actually one of the secure layers.  I was able to to attach, but a surprise to me, it didn't want my domain/ in front of the username.  So, you might want to try that.

I was able to add this to a new AGOL map.  Neither one is shared, but it did not ask for my credentials.

I haven't gone beyond that step though, so I can't say much more except my  AGS 10.2.2 is set up the same The same as yours.  I'm hoping to get our proxy to eventually work with this since this test is only temporary.

anyway, if you are trying to log on with you domain name, try it without....even thought attaching to the rest service directory probably required it (mine did). 

simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am trying to add a secure service inside of my organisation into ArcGIS Online from internet. there are lots of stuff between AGOL and my GIS server, proxy, firewalls and other network and security stuff which I don't have much idea about. my best guess is that the request string is somehow corrupted when passing all those checkpoints. obviously, this is a long shoot...

0 Kudos