How to modify/emulate the new 'predominate value' expression in the "Clustering" pop-up on AGO?

Jump to solution
09-22-2017 10:47 AM
ChrisRobertson2
New Contributor II

In the recent ArcGIS Online update the ability to cluster points was added. There is also a new cluster pop-up that includes a default 'predominate value' expression. Since i don't have a lot of experience with Arcade I am looking for some help to create similar Arcade expressions for other fields. In the screenshot below you can see that the default expression is the predominate [County] of the clustered points. I would like it to show the predominate [Name] of the clustered points. Since these are string variables I'm not sure how to get this value in Arcade. It doesn't appear that you can edit the default expression. I am guessing if this functionality is even possible, I would have to create it in the attribute expressions window. Any ideas?

Edit: I just wanted to add that after some research it looks like the 'predominate value' is based upon the field the features are symbolized by (in my case by [county]). From what I have tried so far it looks like the ability to add more fields/expressions to the cluster pop-up isn't possible. I could re-symbolize by the [name] field and that would cause the default expression to change. I however would like to keep the features symbolized by county so this doesn't solve my problem. Essentially I have a feeling this ability is not possible in this version of AGO.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

There's nothing more available at this time, but we do want to give you access to attributes of all features within a cluster, so you could calculate your own stats. So we'll be working on it.

Mike

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

There's nothing more available at this time, but we do want to give you access to attributes of all features within a cluster, so you could calculate your own stats. So we'll be working on it.

Mike