'https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/features/generate'

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jerry,

Not quite sure what you are asking. Does "AGS" mean ArcGIS Server? If yes, are you asking how to enable shapefiles to be added to Portal for ArcGIS and then enabled as a hosted feature service?

You would need to deploy Portal for ArcGIS for a hosting server configuration, with the ArcGIS Data Store,

Configure a hosting server—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Or since this question was posted in the ArcGIS Online forum, are you asking how to enable shapefiles to be added to ArcGIS Online and then enabled as a hosted feature service?

Publish hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
JerryGarcia
Occasional Contributor II

I have an ArcGIS Server installation.  I want to host the 'generate' service with my ArcGIS Server instance so I am not relying on ArcGIS Online.  Can I do this?

If I cannot do this, are there any problems with continuing to use this service for free?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jerry,

> I have an ArcGIS Server installation.  I want to host the 'generate' service with my ArcGIS Server instance so I am not relying on ArcGIS Online.  Can I do this?

Since the 10.3 release, Portal for ArcGIS is included with ArcGIS for Server Standard and Advanced. So you would need to deploy Portal for ArcGIS for a hosting server configuration, with the ArcGIS Data Store,

Configure a hosting server—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

> If I cannot do this, are there any problems with continuing to use this service for free?

I am not clear on what exactly your workflow is with this statement, can you please elaborate?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos