How to create a public map validation tool? ExB + Survey123?

12-27-2023 07:42 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have a mapping project I need advice on. I have a land cover map and would like to get external users to validate it. Essentially, I would like a set group of reviewers to be able to navigate the map and select areas that are incorrect on the map and provide the correct classification information. For example, if the map had classified one area as alpine tundra and it needed to be boreal forest, they could provide that info. My current idea is to create a gridded polygon map that overlays the raster of the land cover. Users would come to a page (probably ExB, but open) to see this. They could use various tools to filter the data (so the gridded polygons would be attributed with data from the raster) by land cover type, elevation, state, or a few other variables. They could then use a selection tool to select polygons from the filtered dataset. Finally, they would be able to provide the correct land cover type for these in-bulk (so all selected polys) from a dropdown menu. This would give them a set range of choices to keep the madness of incorporating reviewers' comments to a minimum. 

Does anyone have a workflow for this? I know it's possible to embed a Survey123 form into ExB, but I'm struggling with figuring out how to associate MANY record IDs from the polygons to that kind of form. I can totally post-process a Survey123 form so that if there are many record IDs in one field I can create many rows each attributed with the data from Survey123 and associate it with the data from that survey form. But, I'm trying to figure out how to get all the data from the selection into the form.

Thanks in advance! Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

For record keeping: Original 12.27.2023 post belongs to account @KBKnight.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos