Hosted Layer Attributes "Shuffled"...help!

06-27-2018 09:17 AM
CP2Intern
New Contributor

I have a number of hosted files showing National Parks in different regions of the U.S. In a few of them, the attributes seem to have been assigned to the wrong shapefiles, as shown in the images below. In ArcMap, the attributes are associated with the appropriate feature, but somehow in the process of zipping the shapefile, uploading it to ArcGIS Online, and hosting it, the features have gotten mismatched with their attributes. 

Yosemite National Park is misidentified in the hosted layer. Yosemite is identified as the National Park of American Samoa. All of the pop-up configurations and other attribute information associated with that park are exactly as they should be, it's just attached to the wrong feature. 

The attribute isn Yosemite's information is attached to Castle Mountains National Monument... 

Everything is correct in ArcMap on my desktop. Yosemite is correctly identified (and has the rest of the correct attributes) in the ArcMap document, as are all of the other parks. 

I have this for several layers that are in use for existing apps, and would really rather not have to start from scratch on them. Any help in IDing the problem and solution would be much appreciated!

Thanks, 

Emma 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

can you share the shapefile or layer?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
CP2Intern
New Contributor

Hi Kelly, 

I just managed to fix it one of my layers using the "update data" tool in the hosted layer, which didn't work when I tried it yesterday!

Here is a layer I haven't fixed yet--do you have any idea how this shuffle happened, and how I can avoid it in the future? http://arcg.is/0ezmP9  

(I attached the shapefile used to create this layer to the original question.) 

Thank you!
Emma 

0 Kudos