Select to view content in your preferred language

Geocoding

09-18-2015 02:33 PM
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

Can anyone help me find a source of accurate match score to be use for US Regions?

Currently, I am using a default match score as 80 but it looks like other States should have a different score for a more accurate location.

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Jessiecar:

Could you elaborate more on what you are trying to accomplish? Are you searching for house addresses? What type of address locator are you using? Are you looking for spatial data that can be  used to build an address locator in the US?

-Shana

0 Kudos
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

I am using USAZip4 locator to geocode addresses - any specific address.

My goal is to get an accurately coordinates of an address to reference data.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Jessiecar:

Is the USAZip4 locator that you are using one that was included in the StreetMap Premium for ArcGIS product? I’m still not understanding what you mean about “accurately coordinates of an address to reference data”. Are you looking to get the XY coordinate of the matched address when you geocode addresses with the USAZip4 locator? Are you looking for the reference data that was used to create the USAZip4 locator ?

Are you able to provide an example of what you are trying to get?

0 Kudos
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

Sorry for the confusion.

Yes I am using USAZip4 locator included in StreetMap Premium. I am geocoding a batches of addresses to get coordinates. With the results of geocoding, I can see the Address Type such as Point Address, Street Address, Street Intersection, Street Name, Postal & Postal Extension. I am using 80 as the default settings when geocoding and there are some addresses that has been geocoded but when I tried to compare to Google Map it is quite off from the actual/expected location.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Jessiecar:

Do you have examples of the addresses that are matched to the wrong location when compared to Google?

Which StreetMap Premium product and version/year are you using? TomTom or HERE/Navteq?

Is the setting of 80 for the minimum match score?

Are you using the address locator in ArcMap? As a geocode service?

-Shana

0 Kudos
JessiecarEsguerra
New Contributor III

Hi Shana,

One good example that i know i wouldn't forget was the 9 Maple Ave Warwick, NY wherein it was geocoded on area of 9 Maple Rd (that was a few months ago). I think with the update they did from the last couple of month might have corrected it already. Address Type previously was Point Address but checking on it now it is showing as a Street Address so definitely there was an update made.

I am using StreetMap Premium 2014 Release 1

Yes,80 is the minimum match score.

I am using the address locator via ArcCAtalog or ArcMap.

0 Kudos