Extract Data - not working

02-09-2017 08:55 PM
AsawariSamant
New Contributor

Hi, 

I am using ArcGIS online and trying to export group of layers to shape files. I went thru' the Extract Data tool, following the steps listed here: Extract Data—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

It takes me to the last step where the dialog says that exported file will be available in Content folder. But, the file is not never shows up in the Content Folder.  

Is this a bug or am I hitting some limitation. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Asawari Samant,

Do you own the item you are attempting to extract data from?

Is the item you are attempting to extract data from shared with the public? If so can you share the link to the item here.

Is the layer which data is being extracted from stored  in the root folder of My Content or folder you created?

0 Kudos
AsawariSamant
New Contributor

Hi Katie, 

Yes, I own the item. I have made a version public - linked here (hope I am sharing the correct link). And yes, the layer is saved in root folder. 

This is what I went thru, and it pops a dialog that say file will be available in Content. But, it doesn't appear there. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just gave the workflow a try with the data you shared and I did see the file in the My Content page. 

If you open the developer tools in Chrome to the network window CTRL + SHIFT + C you can take a look at the network traffic while you run the tool. Are there any errors?

0 Kudos
ArturOliveira
New Contributor

Hi Katie,

I have the same problem. I have checked the network traffic and it seems everything is ok. What sort of errors should come up ?

0 Kudos