Select to view content in your preferred language

ERROR: The parameter is (or has an element that is) the wrong kind of geometry

06-25-2014 12:39 PM
NoraDougherty
Deactivated User
Hi:

I've used Collector to capture about 20 polygon features. When I try to export and download the shapefile, I get "The parameter is (or has an element that is) the wrong kind of geometry." This has never happened to me before. I checked all of the features that were collected, and they seem to be complete polygons. Everything displays properly in the webmap, but it won't export. Any word of wisdom on how to get this fixed? thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor
Hi,

We have recently fixed a similar issue related to incorrect geometry when exporting. The fix will be in our July online release.
We have also another way to export your online feature service data. You can use createReplica REST API which support exporting your data to filegdb or JSON. You can find the help for creating replica to FileGDB in esri REST help:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgis-rest-api/

Pl. note to use syncModelType = none when exporting data to filegdb since this is the only sync model we support for filegdb.

If you still cannot export, pl. let us know and we can try to reproduce this issue in house and debug it to find out the export issue.

Thanks

Khaled
0 Kudos
NoraDougherty
Deactivated User
Hi,

We have recently fixed a similar issue related to incorrect geometry when exporting. The fix will be in our July online release.

What is the date of the July release? Will I be able to export normally without getting the error at that point? I'd rather not bother with an API if the fix will happen anyway. Please advise. Thanks
0 Kudos
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor
Our target data is first week of July. I am not sure if this is the same issue we fixed. Not sure if it is OK to share your data with us if you cannot get the data exported. We can check it out and fix any other issue with your data.

Thanks

Khaled
0 Kudos
NoraDougherty
Deactivated User
I can share the data with you. Is there a group I should share it with or should I just make it public?
0 Kudos
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor
Please share it with the public and send me the url. We can find you a group if you have any issue exposing your data to the public. This is temporary.

Thanks

Khaled
0 Kudos
NoraDougherty
Deactivated User
Please share it with the public and send me the url. We can find you a group if you have any issue exposing your data to the public. This is temporary.

Thanks

Khaled

I wasn't able to send you a private message because of your settings. http://services.arcgis.com/5pgA0WM4H4odVs6z/arcgis/rest/services/Herbicide_Data_Collection/FeatureSe...

Let me know what you think... thanks

Nora
0 Kudos
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor
Hi,

I have been able to export your data to filegdb. Would that work for you? I can send you the filegdb.
In July release, you should be able to publish that filegdb back and create a new service out of it.
Also you can go to ArcGIS desktop and view your data directly from the filegdb.

Please send me you email and I can send you the filegdb.

Thanks

Khaled
Khassen@esri.com
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Nora, I suggest you send a private message with your contact info rather than posting to the open forum. The notifications option at the top of the page...

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos