Select to view content in your preferred language

Error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when using AGOL Map Viewer

a week ago
JosephZebrowski
New Contributor II

I have recently started receiving the following error in my browser when I load a layer into an AGOL map viewer or perform some sort of other action:

Error code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

This happens regardless of the browser I am using and on different computers. It also happens when I am not logged into an AGOL account. I only have this issue with the current Map Viewer. Everything works fine in the Map Viewer Classic. I also recently noticed that maps occasionally do not load in the current map viewer, but do load in the map viewer classic. I have tried disabling extensions and clearing the cache in the browser with no luck.

Tags (3)
19 Replies
A_Alva
by
New Contributor

We have 2 member of our organization having this issue on 11.2 for the Groups, Gallery, and Search pages.

0 Kudos
MikhaylaB
Occasional Contributor

Have you guys tried adding a new layer to an existing web map? I'm getting the same error when I click Browse layers as I do when clicking Groups or Gallery

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup this is due to the shared item browser component used in gallery and item browsing for layers like in Scene Viewer and Map Viewer.

Are you able to check out this blog

https://esriaustraliatechblog.wordpress.com/2024/06/26/defect-notice-status_access_violation-error-i...

Key details on it

• For Chrome: chrome://accessibility
  • For Edge: edge://accessibility

And disable / uncheck Web Accessibility and leave the tab open.

In my testing this solved the tab crash you are seeing. I was also able to reproduce this issue when I had chrome Reading Mode enabled.

We are not able to reproduce this issue with Chrome beta 127 build but that is not due to release at the end of July. 

0 Kudos
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Anyone needing a workaround before the update, the instructions in BUG-000168462 for Chrome are incorrect. It should say

Google Chrome can be launched with this setting automatically disabled by opening its Properties > Shortcut and appending the following argument to the Target value '--disable-renderer-accessibility'.

(Chrome does not have a '--force-disable-renderer-accessibility' command-line option.)

Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

This is happening to me know when accessing the Groups tab or when I try to add a layer in Map Viewer

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The ArcGIS Online update has rolled out. LMK if you are still seeing this issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
MikhaylaB
Occasional Contributor

Has an update been rolled out for portal by chance? I'm having the same error when accessing Groups and Gallery from portal.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This update has only rolled out to ArcGIS Online. You can track the portal/enterprise issue here: BUG-000168528

DavidDecker
New Contributor

Chrome/Edge continue to show the same issues @Mikhalya B within Enterprise/Portal, as well; Firefox browser appears to be working without err now. (Previously we were experiencing cache related issues simultaneously to this err however this has since been resolved).

MikhaylaB
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. We were also experiencing cache issues and continue to have chrome issues. I haven't tried Firefox but will give it a shot.

0 Kudos